Laberinto - Oaxacan Textile
Originating from Teotitlán del Valle, Oaxaca, this one-of-a-kind textile is a labor of love from start to finish, using ethically sourced wool and all natural dyes. Artisans harvest the wool fibers then use a natural soap made of a root called amole. Once clean and dry, the fibers are carded by hand, then spun with a spinning wheel. The yarns are then hand dyed, dried, and ready for the traditional pedal loom. Some patterns feature traditional Zapotec designs while others feature more modern approaches. Use these textiles as a rug in low-traffic areas, a hanging wall tapestry, or decoratively draped over a chair or sofa.
- 24"W x 40"H
- Made from all natural materials
- Features fringe at the ends for added charm
- Colors will naturally fade and wear over time
- If using as a rug, we suggest using a rug pad beneath the rug to prolong its lifespan
- Spot clean immediately if necessary, using cold or ice water and a gentle detergent to help preserve the color
- Lay flat in low sun to dry
- Vacuum using the setting without the spin brush
- Due to the handmade nature of this product, slight irregularities and variations in size, shape and color may occur
- Please allow 3-5 days of processing time before your order ships
This product is currently sold out.